Teams have been created and registration is open for Active for Life at www.activeforlife.org/.
If you have technical questions or want to change your activity goals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you still have questions about Active for Life? You can find out more at http://www.acsworkplacesolutions.com/activeforlife.asp#
OR read the following power point at Participant Training.
To register for Active for Life:
- Click on Join a Team.
- In the Company field, type South Central Regional Library Council.
- Enter the company password: Healthylibs.
- To see the list of Teams, search by Team name, Team Captain or by Company structure.
- Select a team and click on Join a team.
- Now you can Register for an American Cancer Society! Click on Register. You will have the opportunity to create an account or to log in with your email, Facebook or other accounts.
- Complete the pre-survey.
- The next step takes you directly to your Goal Tracker page.
- Have fun and get healthy!
Active for Life is a flexible, 10-week team-based physical activity program that was developed by the American Cancer Society, Inc. It was designed to help you be more healthy and active. People who engage in moderate physical activity on a regular basis (at least 30 minutes of activity on five or more days per week) experience many healthy benefits including:
- Lower risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic diseases
- Weight loss
- Reduced stress
- Increased energy
In this program you will have the ability to set individual goals, and to receive a point for each minute of physical activity. Your score counts towards individual and team goals. A Team Captain will provide program information and support to participants. They will also select a team name and logo (optional) and can invite others to join their team. They will also monitor the team and participant reports.
Please consider these technical specifications for Active For Life:
1. Supported browsers
— Internet Explorer 7+
3. Does your company use a Web Filter? (e.g. Websense or BlueCoat)
4. URL: http://www.activeforlife.org should be an accessible URL? (important if your company is using a Web Filter)
5. Is the site https://account.cancer.org/profile/register.aspx assessable? Does the page load without error? (If this is the case, please send a full, uncropped printscreen of the error.)